If you need assistance selecting a course with Outward Bound you can…
- Try using our Course Finder tool
- Call to speak with an Admissions Advisor during regular business hours EST (toll free) at 866-467-7651
- Chat with us live, or
- Email us
If you are ready to enroll on a course, here are next steps and information to guide you through Outward Bound’s enrollment process:
Step 1: If you are ready to enroll on a course…
- You can enroll online by completing the online enrollment form or over the phone (toll-free) at 866-467-7651
- To secure your spot on a course you must submit an enrollment form and $500 deposit that is applied toward the total cost of the course. This deposit includes a $150 non-refundable enrollment processing fee.
- The enrollment form takes 10-15 minutes to complete and we accept all major credit cards.
- If you are interested in learning more about scholarships and financial aid availability, please review information prior to enrolling on a course.
- Unfortunately, our current online enrollment form does not accommodate international credit cards at this time. If you are enrolling from outside the United States, please call us at 866-467-7651.
Step 2: After submitting your enrollment form…
- You will receive an automated email confirming your enrollment form was submitted.
- Your credit card will be charged the deposit that is applied toward the total cost of the course.
- We will review your enrollment form in the order it was received and you should receive your registration email and enrollment packet within 3 business days.
- An Outward Bound representative may contact you prior to receiving your registration email and enrollment packet in the event:
- There is not an available spot on the course you have selected
- You do not qualify for the course
- You do not meet the eligibility criteria
- Be sure to return the completed enrollment packet for review by the due date noted in the registration email.
- Payment is due 90 days before the start of the course. Be prepared to pay the balance due at this time even if you have yet to submit your completed enrollment packet or have yet to be cleared to participate on the course.
- For additional payment information, please refer to Outward Bound’s General Payment Terms and Conditions
Step 3: Reviewing and Approving your Completed Enrollment Packet…
- Once we receive your completed enrollment packet, Outward Bound will begin the enrollment review process and may require additional information from you or a third party to approve participation on course.
- Final approval to participate on the course is contingent upon receipt and review of the materials in the enrollment packet.
- Any delays in returning your completed enrollment packet will delay your approval to attend the course.
Step 4: Paying the balance of tuition and fees for the course.
- The $500 deposit submitted with the enrollment form includes a $150 non-refundable enrollment processing fee. The remaining $350 is refundable, if you cancel more than 90 days before the course starts.
- The remaining balance of tuition and fees are due 90 days before the course starts even if you have yet to be cleared to participate on the course.
- Refer to Outward Bound’s General Payment Terms and Conditions for additional information.
Step 5: Get Ready for your Outward Bound course!
- Start preparing mentally and physically for your course.
- Learn more about what’s required and how you can better prepare yourself for your personal challenge.