For over 20 years, Outward Bound has run wilderness expeditions specifically designed for war veterans. Outward Bound draws on the healing benefit of teamwork, challenge, friendship and the natural world, to help with transitions back into civilian life.
Now, through generous funding, this tremendous opportunity for adventure, challenge and self-discovery is available TUITION FREE to Veterans.
These programs are designed to be fun, fast and challenging.
They are suited for those in good physical condition and are opportunities for Veterans to:
- Take a break from their busy lives to challenge themselves in new ways
- Develop skills that will assist in re-adjusting to civilian life
- Candidly discuss obstacles faced by Veterans following wartime service
- Re-experience their strengths and find new ways to contribute to society,
- Enjoy a unique and inspiring adventure surrounded by fellow Veterans in the beauty of the country for which they have fought.
The Appalachian Trail in Western Maryland and South Central Pennsylvania.
The experience includes up to two days of rock climbing, weather permitting, and up to five days of backpacking and initiatives along the scenic Appalachian trail. Course will be 6 days total. Course starts and ends at the Baltimore Maryland base camp. All transportation, food, and gear within the course is provided by Outward Bound Baltimore. You will travel everyday to a new and scenic destination, set up your camp with your expedition crew, cook, and dine under the wild open sky.
To apply for this course click the enroll button next to the course dates that work for you. Or better yet call one of our expert Admission Advisers at 866-467-7651.