For over 20 years, North Carolina Outward Bound has run wilderness courses specifically for war Veterans. Now, through generous funding, this tremendous opportunity for adventure and self-discovery is available TUITION FREE to Vets.
Veterans programs are designed to be fun, fast and challenging. They are suited for those in good physical condition.
These courses are opportunities for Veterans to:
- Take a break from their busy lives
- Challenge themselves in new ways
- Develop skills that will assist them in re-adjusting to life at home
- Candidly discuss obstacles faced by Veterans and Service Members
- Rediscover their physical and emotional strengths
- Enjoy a unique and inspiring adventure surrounded by fellow Veterans and Service Members in the beauty of the country for which they have served
Itinerary: The 7-Day Veterans and Service Members Outer Banks Sea Kayaking course takes place along the Cape Lookout National Seashore. You will encounter coastal winds, choppy waves and raging tides as you are challenged to perfect your paddling strokes. Set up camp each evening on a sandy beach facing the Atlantic Ocean. See dolphins, sea fowl, sting ray, wild ponies and sea turtles as your group of 6-10 Veterans and Service Members learns maritime navigation and route planning skills, beach camping techniques, maritime weather forecasting, Leave No Trace Ethics and the history of the Outer Banks region.
To apply for this course click the enroll button next to the course dates that work for you. Or better yet call one of our expert Admission Advisers at 866-467-7651.