This winter or spring break, do more than go on vacation. Whether you brave snowy landscapes, opt for starry desert skies or explore tropical turquoise waters; get inspired, get motivated, get connected and get outside on an expedition with Outward Bound.
1. Get Inspired
In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir
From towering canyons and arches delicately carved from thousands of years of erosion, to crystal clear waters teaming with vibrant ecosystems, get inspired by the power of true wilderness.
- On the Southwest Canyoneering expedition, find inspiration amongst the cathedrals of red sandstone and hidden reflection pools as you journey through the infinite arches, towers and canyons that make up Utah’s Canyonlands.
- On the Bahamas Sailing expedition, discover life underwater and get inspired to learn about this unique marine environment as you journey through the Bahamas island chain with your crew.
- On the Ten Thousand Islands Sea Kayaking expedition, explore the largest sub-tropical wilderness in the United States. Get inspired as you discover what makes the Ten Thousand Islands famous worldwide; understand its environmental value; and learn how we can better take care of it.
- On the Joshua Tree Backpacking expedition, find inspiration as you experience a rare, up-close view of Joshua Tree National Park. Explore the landscape firsthand – alongside the birds, animals and amidst the park’s namesake Joshua Trees, cholla cactus and palms.
2. Get Motivated
Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you. -Thomas Jefferson
Whether it’s on untouched backcountry powder, ancient mountains, or iconic whitewater rivers, get motivated and conquer your fears amidst raging rapids, snow covered peaks and 100-foot climbs.
- On the Colorado Rockies Backcountry Skiing & Snowboarding expedition, practice your turns on fresh powder as you learn to safely travel through winter conditions and Colorado backcountry.
- On the Blue Ridge Mountains Backpacking & Rock Climbing expedition, find your motivation atop some of the oldest mountains in the world. Learn rock climbing technique, rappelling and navigation skills as you bond and work together with your crew.
- On the Southwest Rafting for Adults expedition, get motivated with your team as you paddle through wild rivers surrounded by sandstone canyons that rise up to 2,000 feet above the river.
- On the Texas Big Bend Canoeing & Backpacking expedition, get motivated to accomplish your goals as you journey through the desert on foot and through waterways by canoe.
3. Get Connected
I am a part of all that I have met. -Alfred Tennyson
Amongst the backdrop of open seas, towering cliffs and sprawling landscapes, connect with yourself; connect with nature; and connect with your crew as you discover ‘there is more in you than you know.’
- On the Florida Keys Sailing for adults expedition, connect with your crew as you navigate through the Atlantic Ocean while learning to live and work together on a 30-foot sailboat.
- On the Oregon Smith Rock Climbing & Yoga expedition, connect your mind and body as you push your limits on the cliffs and get centered on the mat.
- On the Texas Big Bend Desert Backpacking for adults expedition, connect with nature and allow yourself time for reflection in the picturesque desert and canyon landscape of Big Bend National Park.
- On the Blue Ridge Mountains Backpacking & Rock Climbing for Families expedition, connect with your family and strengthen bonds through challenging wilderness activities such as backpacking, orienteering, rock climbing and sleeping and eating in the backcountry.
4. Get Outside
Sometimes you need to step outside, get some fresh air, and remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be. -Anonymous
Outward Bound expeditions take place in some of the most stunning landscapes in the United States. Get outside with us as we explore world-renowned national parks and trails, wild rivers, unpolluted natural lakes and untouched backcountry areas.
- On the Southwest Canyon Backpacking expedition, journey through a landscape filled with sandstone towers, grottos, arches and canyons, and discover ancient Puebloan cliff dwellings along the way.
- On the Boundary Waters Dog Sledding & Cross Country Skiing expedition, glide across frozen lakes and through snow-laden pines with your crew and a team of sled dogs by your side.
- On the Joshua Tree Backpacking & Rock Climbing expedition, venture into the serene, untouched backcountry of one of the nation’s most popular national parks.
- On the Oregon Smith Rock Climbing expedition, experience a world-renowned outdoor rock climbing destination known for its unique geological features and routes that challenge both beginner, intermediate and advanced climbers.
Get Outward Bound
There is more in us than we know. If we could be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less. -Kurt Hahn
This winter or spring break, get more from your time away and challenge yourself to do something bold. No matter which of our outdoor adventures you choose, an Outward Bound expedition will get you motivated to do more; will get you connected with nature; and will leave you inspired.
For more information about Outward Bound or to learn about our rich selection of winter and spring break courses, go HERE or call 866.467.7651 to reserve your spot on an expedition today.
Sign-up for our newsletter to keep up on course options, resources, and special offers.